Prof. Dr.-Ing. Manfred Koehler, Landscape architect, BDLA,
- Univ. of Applied Sciences Neubrandenburg, Faculty Landscape architecture and environmental planning, Germany
- www.gruendach-mv.de www.worldgreenroof.org
Technical University of Berlin, Germany. Diploma Degree 1981, PhD: 1987: about “Eco effects of living wall systems”.
- 1981 – 1990: Scientist; Institute of Ecology, Berlin.
- 1990 – 1994: Executive Director of the Research Centre of Landscape Ecology, Bremen.
- Since 1994 Professor of Landscape ecology at the University of Applied Sciences, Neubrandenburg. Main research interests:
- Urban ecology; Green roof, living walls, indoor greening
- Historic parks and Gardens in North eastern Germany
- Ecological planning of Golf courses.
- Since 2008: Vice dean of the Department Landscape science and Geomantic at the University of Applied Sciences.
- Founder of the Green roof Research Center at the Univ. of Applied Sciences in Neubrandenburg;
- Member of: Federal Landscape architecture organisation (BDLA), Member of several FLL- guideline working groups (www.FLL.de ); Speaker of the German FBB for international relation (www.fbb.de ), European Green Roof Association EFB,
- Co-founder of World Green Infrastructure Network (WGIN) in 2008; since 2008 President of this organization (www.worldgreenroof.org).
- Since 2014: Detao Master of Sustainable Architecture, (Shanghai, China).
- About 150 scientific publications, mainly with a focus on Green roofs, living walls and indoor greening.